Sunday, January 4, 2009

The End is Near

Only a few more hours until our return to school. I've been dreading this day for the last two weeks, but God used a trip to Walmart to change my attitude. We all (I mean all four of us) went to Walmart this afternoon and seemed to run into a parent of or a former student on every aisle. AND they were all parents of or students with whom Tim or I one had had difficulties or "run-ins" with at some point or another. They were all extremely gracious and seemed genuinely glad to see us. It reminded me why I do what I do and why I choose to work with the students that I do. I'm ready to return and see all of my students tomorrow. Some I have truly missed.

Abby and Cooper both have their clothes laid out - Abby is not so much ready to go back. Cooper, on the other hand, seems to be thrilled. He's moving up tomorrow to the two-year old class and it's all he can talk about. I hope the "thrill" continues tomorrow morning when I have to leave him in a different "house" without his "Kisti" and "KK".

Pray for us as we embark on a new year and all God has planned for us.

No comments: