Thursday, December 7, 2017

Uncertainty about Surgery

Yesterday we received a phone call from Dr. Nelson’s nurse letting us know that Tim has been referred for a surgery consult in January.  This doesn’t mean he will have surgery.  This just means a surgeon is now going to be involved in the treatment plan going forward.  While we are waiting on the official appointment notification and his visit to Dr. Nelson next Thursday, my mind is reeling with uncertainty. I don’t know what to pray for or against.  On one hand, I feel like a liver resection would be good because it might possibly be what leads to physically taking the cancer out of his body and making him cancer free.  On the other hand, I fear that surgery may lead to other things that I don’t want to face.  If they remove all of the cancer from the liver, then will they attempt to remove the rectal tumor? And can they do that and put him back together? What about infection? Blood clots? God is definitely teaching me that I have NO CONTROL in this.  I’m reminded of this in Isaiah 45:6-7. That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me.  I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Despite all of this, Tim seems to be feeling better.  I’ve noticed this week that his energy level is up and his spirits are better.

6 comments:

Janice bloodgood said...

Praying 🙏 for Tim, you and the family!

Judy said...

Jerry and I continue to pray for Tim, you and your precious family. 🙏

Laura K said...

Continued prayers for your family. Love you all.

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your family every day. Love to you all. ❤️

Unknown said...

God is holding your hand......

Anonymous said...

My daily prayer is that God will heal the cancer and that Tim will manage the pain of treatment. Your faith and love are strong. And Hope is the ray of sun at the end. I truly miss you Amber as a friend who gives good counsel and a caring educator. Remember to take care of yourself!