Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Christmas Season Has Arrived

Thanksgiving day is not over yet, and I've already transformed this page and my house for Christmas. Tim has always been one to get our tree up Thanksgiving afternoon. Today I said we weren't going to do that, but as soon as we got home he and Abby were getting it all out. Since we didn't have a tree or decorations last year (went skiing and refused to do much at home), I agreed.

This will be Cooper's first real Christmas at home. That first year he had only been home a week and weighed exactly four pounds. He just kept looking at all the stuff coming out of the boxes today. We are making a real effort to make our children mindful of the true meaning of and reason for Christmas. The materialistic urge to buy too much creeps in, but we keep reminding each other that that isn't what it is about.

I know this is choppy, but wanted to document the decorations going up and Cooper's amazement.

No comments: