Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Long Week

I can't believe it's only Tuesday. I can tell this is going to be a long two weeks until we get a break for Thanksgiving. I have been feverishly preparing for my presentation that I have to give next Monday. It's not really so much a presentation, just a lesson that people from other schools are going to be watching me teach. I got a good part of it done yesterday and today. I hope to get the rest finished tomorrow and go over it with the company rep on Thursday.

Abby's game was cancelled tonight due to rain. Only one more game to go and then we get a break until spring. It's going to be kind of nice. She's quickly filling her time, though, with homework and reading assignments. She had her first literature circle group meeting today. She was not excited about having to be the word wizard. Thank goodness, she's the star reporter for next Monday's meeting. She also brought home her book that she has to read and prepare for a reader's theater.

I've been trying to plan some family fun for the holidays -- ice skating, Santa's town... I probably should not plan anything and just be. I'm sure we'll find time for just hanging out at home or the farm.

No comments: