Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Snake at My House is a Dead Snake

I've often told people that a snake in my yard is a dead snake.  How true I wish this was...because there's one snake who's raising his angry head right now and I'm none too happy about it.

I've always known that the closer I get to God, the more concerned Satan becomes with me.  I guess I'm begin successful in my attempt to draw closer to the Lord, because that ugly snake is attacking in many ways right now.

I have a friend who asked that I pray specifically for confirmation as they are proceeding in the process of adoption.  I committed to do so and felt lead yesterday to message her a written prayer. It wasn't long, but very specific and to the point.  Immediately after sending it, I began to second guess myself.  I began to think of all of these things that I could have added to it.  I could have changed the words to make them sound better. I should have included a big section of thanksgiving. It was already out there in cyberspace; I couldn't take it back.

As the evening continued, I began to feel like maybe I sent it to make myself look better - to "prove" to her that I was actually praying like I said I would. I couldn't get out of my head that I just never should have sent it.

Until I realized that all of these thoughts were Satan needling me, making me questions myself.  When I sent the message, my intent was to pray. That was it. There was no selfish motivation - as a matter of fact, I wasn't even thinking of myself at the time.  I did it for the right reason. How it was received - I can only leave up to God. I have to continue to press on and do what I know God is calling me to do and not look back. When I kill a snake in the yard, I cut its head off.  I have to know that God has already "cut off the head of Satan" in my defense. (Please don't misunderstand, Satan is alive and fighting as hard as he can. BUT God has already won the war in my life. Satan just can't seem to figure it out.)

**I'm including a picture of Cooper and a giant snake at the Houston Zoo earlier this week.  Although, I can't stand snakes of any kind - Satan, especially - Cooper seems to kind of like them.





No comments: